Monday, June 27, 2016

Finishers Wanted

Thanks for your letter mom.  Sometimes it seems summers can be even more chaotic than school. Jaja but it's good.

It's been another great week! I love the mission! Trying to finish strong. Had a neat miracle. So, I was on divisions a week ago with a member who introduced me to a guy whod gotten baptized 5 years ago. Only a few months after getting baptized, he had gone to the States but had just recently returned. We invited him back to church and he said he would go. To our surprise not only did he show up, but he brought his nonmember girlfriend with him as well. She was really nice and said she wanted to learn more! Cool. Definitely a miracle.

My companion and I got stranded in a small town about an hour and a half from where we live. It was already late and although a member was with us we were a little worried about how late we were going to get home. We said a prayer and started walking when a man drove by and gave us a ride. He happened to be a general in the army. Really nice guy. An answer to our prayers. Sure saved us from a long walk and we got home on time. I know it wasn't by chance that he just happened to come by when we he did.

Realizing it's so important not to waste any opportunities. I printed out a talk by Pte. Thomas S. Monson entitled, ¨Finishers Wanted¨.

There was a poem he read that says, 
 ¨For of all sad words of tongue or pen,  
the saddest are these: 
‘It might have been!´¨ 

I hope to never have to say those words. I just keep trying my best.


Hope everyone has a great week! I know this gospel is true.

Elder Hicken

ps. As a zone, we went to an awesome waterfall today! Super fun

No comments:

Post a Comment