- Another name for Quetzaltenango is XELA. (much shorter! Yeah!)
- Surprisingly, it can actually be quite chilly—especially up in the mountains, during the rainy season. And the rainy season is May-September.
- Letters and packages should be sent to the Mission Office. Pouch can be used but there are many restrictions with it.Mission Office Address:Elder Nathan HickenGuatemala Quetzaltenango Mission5A Calle 14-35, Zona 309001 QuetzaltenangoGUATEMALA
- Packages should always be sent UPS, never commercial packaging (like Amazon, etc.) Sturdy boxes with pictures of Mary help it to arrive-(you can google Mary, mother of God; and then use 2-3 images per package) It usually takes 2-3 weeks but can take up to 6 weeks.
- A few things Elder Nathan might like sent in a package:a. Smart Wool socksb. Flea trapsc. tiesd. Peanut Buttere. Candy is discouraged. I guess he’ll have access to lots of candy there, but limited access to good, sanitary food. Better to send real food items such as: Soft granola bars, Cliff bars, Zone bars, Natural Peanut butter, Beef Jerky, Trail mix, etc.
A kind senior missionary couple, who has recently returned from serving in the Quetzaltenango mission, came over for dinner/FHE. They shared some neat experiences with us, as well as just practical advice. Below are a few things we’ve learned from them: