Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July

Happy 4th of July everyone! Attached are some photos of what my comp and I did to celebrate.





I've been reading in the New Testament lately. Paul is such an example to me of faith, diligence, love, service and dedication. He truly was an apostle of God. A few scriptures that caught my attention are found in Filipenses 3:13-14
.
        ¨Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one
thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth
unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of
the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.¨

I know that it really doesn't matter where we are, but rather where we´re headed. We want to be heading towards Christ. By the power of the Atonement, we can be cleansed and healed. The enabling power of the Atonement allows us to find strength and persevere. How grateful I am to know that I can move on and be better when I make mistakes and when things get rough.

My companion and I saw many miracles this week. Just to mention a few, we were able to contact a family that we haven't been able to find for a while. The dad and mom are both interested to learn more!

Also, Adam is a recent convert as of 5 weeks ago.  We were able to talk to his brother. He accepted our invitation to come to church and then he actually came!  He is really looking at Adams example and wants to do the right things.

Anyways, hope everyone has a great week! This is the Lords work. I know it's true.

Elder Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment