Monday, August 25, 2014

1 more week in the CCM!



Hola Hola Hola!

Qué pasa calabaza? Learned that means "whats going on pumpkin?". It rhymes and I thought it was funny!

Our district got to walk down the street to a local mall this last pday to get anything we needed. Of course my companion and I loaded up on some food! I got shout, shampoo as well as some pencils to mark my scriptures. Felt good to walk around outside the CCM. We don't get out much other than pday and temple trips. Still, so grateful to be here in Guatemala!

President Cox got back and is doing well! He arrived last Thursday night to all of us waiting in el comedor to surprise him. He was surprised! It was his birthday last Saturday too so we got to surprise him again. The chef made him a GIGANTIC birthday cake that said "Happy Birthday President Cox!". To top it off, a mariachi band strolled in singing "Feliz Cumpleaños!" haha the look on President Cox's face was great!

We do A LOT of teaching in the CCM. We've been teaching Oscar for the past 2 weeks now. 3 days ago he committed to be baptized. We taught him for the last time yesterday. Sad to see him go! We've also been teaching Miguel. You should know Miguel's blind. At first it was hard to figure out how we would teach him. But with the Spirit we were able to give him a Book of Mormon in Brail and committed his kids to read and pray with him. He's always cracking blind jokes so it's pretty fun teaching him! We teach him for the last time to on Friday. Going to miss him!

One more week in the CCM (Missionary Training Center in Guatemala) ! I'm a little nervous but WAY more excited to get out in the field. The CCM's been awesome in preparing me. Everyday I learn something new whether it's something to do with Spanish, the culture, or with the gospel. Our district's gotten super close as well. But all of them are going to Xela (Quetzaltenango) so I'm sure I'll see them there.

Just want to share my testimony that I know this gospel is true. I know Jesus is the Christ and suffered for the sins of the world so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father one day. I know Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Keep pushing on! No matter how inadequate you may feel you can always  the Atonement.

Hope your all doing well!

Chao!

Elder Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment