Monday, June 29, 2015

Changes were great! Caribaldi

Changes were great! Turns out I ended up crossing the street to get to my new area. haha It´s called Garibaldi. I´ll still be attending the same church building just with a different ward haha and I´m with the best comp. evah. His name is Elder Doty. He´s from Sandy, Utah, He is a super fun guy, always joking but really focused on why he´s out here. Mom, you asked about his family-He has 2 younger sisters and is really into skiing.

It´s been a week full of new faces. I´ve already gotten to know a lot of the members and all of our investigators. With the changes, Elder Doty and I ended up taking all the old and current investigators of Elder Sanchez. (the old Zone Leader)  Elder Doty´s trainee is working with the stuff he already knows. It’s great. Hope that all made sense!

Want to tell you about Familia Monteroso. They are really special. The four kids were baptized as of 2 weeks ago. We are now teaching the mom and dad. The mom has come to church nearly every Sunday, whereas the dad just once. We´re definitely excited about the potential there.

More to come on what´s happening in Guatemala area Garibaldi!

And just something that has been on my mind-one of the great blessings we have each week is the opportunity to partake of the Sacrament. It is a really special time to think of the Savior, His life, His love, His sacrifice, His example, etc. We are given the promise that if we remember Him always, we will have His Spirit to be with us. Just thinking of Him allows us to be guided constantly and become even as He is. Like it says in Doctrine and Covenants 6:36-37,
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.  Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit thekingdom of heaven. Amen.

I know that Christ lives. I know that as we remember Him and follow His example we will be guided and blessed.

Have a great week!

Elder Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment