Monday, February 8, 2016

Miracles

Glad to hear things are going well back home!

My companion and I had a great week! First of all, we went to the leaders meeting with Pte. Smith and the assistants. It was great to hear the inspired words of president and I sure learned a lot to help the zone, our area and I [myself].



Second, that same night, two of our investigators who we hadn’t been able to get in touch with magically appeared. It was a miracle! We taught them about the plan of salvation and both accepted a baptismal date. Nelson, the husband said he was ready to be baptized and that he knew what we had taught was true. It really built my testimony that God has a plan for all of us. We just need to listen and follow His voice.

Later in the week, my companion and I had divisions with Elder Harward and Sanchez. Both came to our area to work. I went with Elder Sanchez. There was one lady in particular who we had visited before. Her name is Diana. She’s been reading the Book of Mormon and praying but still had her doubts. She wants to know whether or not what we are telling her is true. We told her it was all true. And we explained our purpose as missionaries as we talked about the Restoration of the gospel. After bearing our testimonies, we challenged her to be baptized. She said yes!

On Friday, we went to visit a couple that at first wasn’t very interested in our message. The first time we had met with the husband, he told us straight up that he had already been baptized and that he didn’t see why he needed to be baptized again. After coming back a few days later, the husband and wife were there. We taught about the Book of Mormon and in the end they both accepted a baptismal date.

I know this is the Lord´s work. He´s so happy with those who try their best and put forth there 110% effort for His cause. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ confide in us. May we all confide in them and the promises we’ve made.

Have a great week! Paz y amor

Elder Hicken

p.s. we went to the Zaculeu ruins today! Don't have any way to send the pics but they'll be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment