Monday, April 25, 2016

And let us not be weary in well doing

 Sounds like it was a great stake conference! Thanks for sharing. Shout out to Iggy for being the best exchange student ever to stay at our home. Glad to hear he stopped by.

I don't have a lot of time this week. My companion is Elder Romero. He's awesome! He has 2 older sisters. Both married. He has about a year in the mission. He's been in Xela the whole time so he was pretty excited to hear he was coming to Huehue. He's a hard worker and has a lot of enthusiasm for
the work so I'm excited. And guess where he's from? The Dominican Republic!


The Rainy Season has begun!


This week we went on divisions. Elder Romero and Elder Chavez talked to an old investigator. His name is Carlos. He works close to our house selling hot dogs. He said he had read more of the pamphlet we'd left a while back and was interested to learn more. They set up an appointment so Elder Romero and I stopped by this week. We taught about the Restoration and invited him to be baptized. The spirit was strong. He said he would and then he even came to church. We`re pumped to see the change in his life.

I've been feeling lately what an honor it is to be part of the Lords work. I know He guides and leads this church. I'm always awe-inspired as I listen to the servants he calls to speak in his name. I learn so much not just from their words but from the promptings of the Holy Ghost.


Also, I love the scriptures. I can't even imagine what the prophets of old must have gone through to write down all they did so that we have them so accessible to us today. I know that really studying the scriptures is totally different that just reading them.



¨And let us not be weary in well doing¨ (Galatians 6:9).

Hope everyone has a great week! Adiós

Elder Hicken


Breakfast with the assistants

No comments:

Post a Comment