Monday, March 2, 2015

The Book of Mormon is True

Hola familiares y amigos!

We went on divisions with the elders in Chichi this week. We did a lot of contacting and I learned a lot. I interviewed a 9 year old girl for baptism and came to find out that she and her whole family were drinking coffee every day. Crazy. (So glad I never drank coffee)  Unfortunately, we had to postpone the baptism but I know that through the amazing Atonement of Christ and full repentance, the Lord makes it possible for us to change our habits and passions. Another investigator in Chichi, named Caren, knows she has denied Christ for a long time. She wants to do what´s right, and she is! The elders called this morning and told me Caren quit her job because her boss wouldn´t let her go to church on Sundays. I was super excited.

My comp. and I are learning to use our time more wisely. We are dividing our time into intervals that will bring most effective results. President Smith has asked us to spend half our time teaching and the other half finding. Simple right? That way when missionaries find an amazing family and in the end they don´t want to be baptized the missionaries don´t have to start from square one all over again. If one is constantly teaching AND finding, that is a good missionary.

Feliciano and Cristina are our most positive investigators right now. They are wanting to find the truth and ask really good questions. They truly have the desire to change. Still need to be married though. But they are coming to our English classes!

Anyways, I´m reading in Helaman in case you wanted to know! Chapter 12 to be exact. Nephi is such a great example to me of obedience, so quick to remember Heavenly Father and constantly relying on Him amidst all the wickedness around him. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It testifies of Christ. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment