Monday, March 30, 2015

Gift to the Savior for Easter

Hola amigos y familiares!

How fun to hear about the family road trip. Hope you have a good time. Thanks for letting me know about brother Plante as well. I miss his smile and his jokes. He always knew how to make me laugh, haha.

Sorry I couldn´t write last week.

So excited that the church has put out another initiative called ¨Gracias a que Él vive¨ (at least that´s what it´s called in spanish). 

Check it out at mormon.org! So my companion and I have been thinking of the best way to use this wonderful tool to bring more people to the knowledge of the Restoration of the gospel. One idea is to have an activity in the park. So to get permission from the government, we wrote a letter last week. Must have been ok cuz we got permission! I love miracles. And the city will provide a screen, chairs, and speakers. What a blessing! The activity will be the 10th of April. Our plan is to show the video ¨Gracias a que Él vive¨ as well as a few of the new videos of Jesus Christ´s life.

Neat experience, my companion and I were walking down the street and saw a family carrying eggs into their house. We rushed to help. When all the eggs were inside, we asked if we could share a message. Juan (the dad) said sure. We shared the message of the Restoration and made an appointment just two days later. When we came back we invited them to be baptized and they accepted for the 25th of April! Amazing what can happen when we serve.

Another experience started a few days ago. We were knocking doors and found a woman who told us to come back Sunday in the afternoon. So we did! Unfortunately she wasn´t there but we knocked on her neighbors door and found her there. She told us she had forgotten and came quickly to let us in her house. After talking for a bit we came to know that she had started attending an evangelical church a few years ago. She had always questioned why there were so many churches. We taught her about prophets, the establishment of Christ´s church on the earth and the Restoration through the prophet Joseph Smith. As we gave Joseph Smith´s account of the First Vision, she started to cry. She felt the Spirit. In the end she accepted a baptismal date for the 25th of April. The Lord has truly poured out his blessings. Almost always, it´s when we are on the edge of breaking or giving up that God shows forth his hand. Never give up! Always rely on the Lord!

Yesterday the zone leaders let us know who has changes. Elder Hicken, Elder Rojas, Elder Cruz, Elder Harward, Elder Dixon, Elder Espina and Hna. Rodas. Every companionship had a change. So, I´m going then. I´m going to miss Quiché a lot, the experiences I´ve had, the people I´ve met, the miracles I´ve seen. However, I´m excited for a change. I know the Lord will call me where I need to go.

I´ve reflected a lot about the Atonement of Christ and the role it plays in my life and in the lives of others. Christ has paid for our sins. He has felt the pain we feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually. He has conquered death and permitted life. What are we waiting for? This Easter, I try to make prayer and repentance more a part of my life. And maybe you want to think of what you can give to the Savior of the World and then do it.

Miss you all! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment